Finished Project, New Project

img_7272.jpg
Cramer’s Blue Morpho
This is the second of about nine possible Wee Beastie bugs that I have. I think it turned out pretty swell.

I have begun set up for the next project. This is the taped together chart that came in a 19 page booklet. The chart is, thankfully, bigger than the finished piece.
img_7273.jpg
This is the pattern for The Fortunate Traveler. (Yes, that spelling is correct.)

And if that’s not enough of a chart, here’s some more:
img_7274.jpg
This is the detail chart for the words on the bigger chart.

I estimate that in about six months I’ll get tired of working on this monstrosity and move on to a smaller, more manageable Terry Nolan Wee Beastie.

1. on August 23, 2006 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Your finished project looks great!

But I can’t believe you are going to tackle that monstrous one. I remember looking at that on a website somewhere and really wanting to do it. Then I saw the instruction booklet that you had for it, and I was suddenly cured of wanting to do that project. You are a much braver woman than I. Good luck to you.

Can’t wait to see the finished project. Ooh, I know, maybe we should make it a community project just to ensure it’s completion. When you get tired of it, I could work on it…once I finish my current project that is 😉

2. on August 23, 2006 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Ashley, did you look at the Terry Nolan site? There’s a new bug up there.

3. on August 23, 2006 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Love the butterfly!

4. Joyous
    on August 23, 2006 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Beautiful!

5. on August 24, 2006 at 9:01 am | Permalink

New bug!!! I did see that. I thought it was pretty cool. I guess I’ll actually have to do some bugs at some point. I’ve got a couple of patterns but have yet to do them. -sigh- I’ll get to them one day….like when I’m 80! 😀

6. on August 26, 2006 at 6:55 am | Permalink

Good stuff. [Have to break the female commenting streak.]

[[First person to turn this into a Gilmore Girls riff gets an @$$-whoopin’.]]

One Trackback

1. […] So as you know from here and here, I’ve been working on a rather large cross stitch project. I predicted here that in six months I’d move on to a smaller project. It’s been four and here I am movin’ on. I decided that I wanted to do something for the baby’s room, not because I was bored with the dragon, that’s an acceptable excuse, right? […]