Kindermusik with Joy

This is something I’ve been meaning to post for a while now. My sister-in-law, Joy, is a Kindermusik Educator (her blog is here). She and I recently went on a design spree to get her business cards and other work-related paper products up to par. These are the business cards and postcard that I designed for her.

granade-bc-purple.jpg

granade-bc-green.jpg

granade-bc-blue.jpg

granade-4x6.jpg

The photos, monkey, and lion are Kindermusik art that we were allowed to use. The colors on the three cards are regulation Kindermusik colors. The logo is the allowed Kindermusik logo adaption with her name. Sounds like there’s not much wiggle room, right? If only you had seen the original Kindermusik cards.

My first draft was a play off of the original card and Joy hated it. The second round drafts were more playful. But as we were talking about the second set she said she really did want to use photos and so these were born.

Joy is currently using the blue and green business cards and plans to get the purple ones made up sometime soon. I’m happy with the way it all looks and she is too.

1. on February 4, 2007 at 12:05 am | Permalink

Sweet work, Misty.

2. on February 4, 2007 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

Those are great. 🙂

3. on February 4, 2007 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Glad you like them!

4. Joyous
    on February 5, 2007 at 11:06 am | Permalink

I looked up Kindermusik the first time you mentioned it, and it looks like lovely stuff. It’s something I’d love to sign up for, if I had a kid.

5. on February 5, 2007 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

I know you know, but I say again, thank you so much for doing these. They make me smile every time I see them, and I’ve had so many comments from people on them. Wish there were some way to get you hired by Kindermusik International to do stuff for all of us Kindermusik folks.

6. on February 12, 2007 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

I am a Kindermusik educator and Joy shared this link with our online support group. Misty, these are *beautiful* projects! You ought to submit these to Kindermusik International. Keep up the gorgeous work!

7. Heidi Day
    on February 12, 2007 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

Is there any way to order from you? Are these for sale? I love the Bus. cards AND the BD cards. I just ordered new business cards and these are waaaaay cooler.

Heidi Day

8. on February 12, 2007 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

I absolutely love these!!! I would love to talk about getting some of these for my studio. The birthday ones are amazing, much more creative than what I can do on vistaprint

Melissa

9. on February 12, 2007 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

How much are the b-day postcards? How can I order them? They are CUTE!

10. on February 12, 2007 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

Thanks, Ladies, for all your nice words. I’ve tried to get email to everyone who has commented here or emailed me about work. If you don’t get an email from me within 24 hours of this comment, please email me again!

11. on February 13, 2007 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

OM Gosh- I want to order these now!!- They look SO great! email me please- Carol!

12. on March 9, 2007 at 11:10 pm | Permalink

I love these cards! Am interested in finding out costs, and if you could do a business card that somehow incorporated my private voice lesson information. Thanks – Margaret Matthes in Michigan

13. Laura
    on June 23, 2007 at 8:49 am | Permalink

Hi! Some how I came across your page today and I too would love to find out your prices for biz cards! They are amazing…let me know if you are still making them. I just faxed my license agreement today to Kindermusik! I’m so excited to begin this new journey teaching.
    Thanks!
    Laura

14. Larissa Dorovko
    on October 22, 2007 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Good Day

I would like to find out how much it would cost to order the 3rd business card design (child with parent laughing).

Regards

15. Andrew
    on April 29, 2008 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Look great, and also interested in the artwork/ordering from you.

Please follow up with me directly. Thanks!

16. on September 15, 2008 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

I absolutely love your cards. I am a new Kindermusik Educator and would desperately love to have cards as nice as you made for Joy. The template at Kindermusik.com simply doesn’t compare. It underwhelms me. Are you willing to make cards for other educators? Just wondering. Thank you, Jill Welton in Leesburg, VA

17. Annie
    on December 6, 2008 at 4:09 am | Permalink

Hi! I’m another Kindermusik Educator who loves the cards. Please let me know what you are charging to customize for us educators……….
    Thank you!
    Annie

18. Susana Hernandez
    on October 3, 2011 at 12:05 am | Permalink

I came across this blog and I just love the Kindermusik business cards, by the way I am an educator. I would love to have some made. please e mail me is you can and all the details. thanks Susana Hernandez

19. Dana
    on February 24, 2012 at 2:50 am | Permalink

Hi Misty! I searched all over to see if you did indeed partner with Kindermusik Int’l or open Granade’s Publishing & Graphic Design 😉 but found nothing. So, I’ll post on this very old thread and ask if you’re interested in personalizing and selling your amazing designs yet again. I just renewed my expired KMI Educator’s license, and I remember seeing pics of these cards somewhere several years ago. They’re perfect! My studio won’t open until summer, but I’d like to prepare as much as possible. Thanks!

20. on May 20, 2012 at 11:01 am | Permalink

Kindermusic sounds very effective and my children would definitely benefit from such sessions. I would like to know more about what goes on during each session. I want to make sure my child gets prioritized.