Day 85: ATC based on ihanna’s work. See her cool postcards here.
Some notes on the all ATC week:
– Clearly I like me some birds and insects!
– I’ve gotten a bunch of little spray bottles that I’ve filled with a mixture of acrylic paint and water. I can spray and play. That’s where a lot of the backgrounds this week came from.
– I worked on several backgrounds at once and then finished one a day. Because of waiting for things to dry, it just worked better this way. I also felt like I hit a really good stride using this method. I had something I wanted to work on everyday because I’d worked a bit ahead for several days.
– Used a lot of pink this week. Not a color I normally go to first but I like how pink finished off several day’s work just right.
– Looking at the composition of these ATCs, I see that I like to move things from the lower left to the upper right. I’ve never noticed that about how I work before but things just feel more balanced that way.
– Best of all, it was fun!