Yes, yes, Geof, I heard you about the six questions bit. Sigh, the rigors of being wanted. I will point out in passing that this meme is actually ten questions long.
0) What’s your name and website URL? (optional, of course)
Stephen Granade. My website? You’re soaking in it.
1) What’s the most fun work you’ve ever done, and why? (two sentences max)
Maintaining a website about adventure games for a dot-com company back in the days when dot-com money materialized on every good kid’s doorstep. I got to talk to a lot of interesting people and play a fair number of good games, and–much to my surprise–I had a positive impact in several peoples’ lives.
2) A. Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (one sentence max)
Played in jam bands, whether jazz or otherwise.
B. Name one thing you’ve always wanted to do but keep putting it off? (one sentence max)
Write genre fiction.
3) A. What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why? (two sentences max)
Hm, that’s hard. The first thing would be learning to ignore guidelines when doing so would be beneficial.
B. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn? (two more sentences, max)
Chopin, though I have no idea what kind of piano masterclass he would give. I suppose I’d have to really brush up on my piano playing, though.
4) A. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?
Assuming the person in question isn’t mad at me when you ask them to describe me, maybe they’d go with empathetic, hard-working, and funny.
B. Now list two more words you wish described you…
Relaxed; tall. Actually, I’m not sure I really care about being tall, but it might be cool to try out for a while.
5) What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes– three sentences max)
1. Interactive fiction.
2. SF/fantasy, primarily written.
Those are the two most consistent ones.
6) (sue me) Write–and answer–one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max)
What are you most proud of?
That one I’ll have to think about for a while.