So today as part of the great after-Christmas cleanup, I pulled out the box of books that I knew was lurking in the guest room closet. Our guest room holds over 500 books. (No, you don’t have to sleep on books when you visit, I promise.) I honestly don’t know where they are going to migrate to over the next couple of months. I’m thinking about papering the ceilings with some of them. Now there’s a DIY project you want to tackle!
At the end of today’s scanning, I am officially in the home stretch. I only have the books in the living room to do and I think that I can knock those out in an evening. Movies and video games shouldn’t take that long either. Then the only other hurdle to jump is to get the music Stephen has scanned into the database somehow.
- 784 total books scanned.
- 84 books scanned today.
- Stephen’s Count: 476 total.
- My Count: 141 total.
- Eli’s Count: 165 total.
- Discards: 5. Four of the five were mine, do you see the pattern here?
- Discard Total: 48. On Tuesday this past week, we let the Nerd Herd pick through them so the stack is somewhat reduced.
- Rooms Finished: Kitchen, Eli’s room, master bedroom, guest room (for real this time!), and office.
- High Resale Value: The Simple Solution to Rubik’s Cube. Retail: $1.95. Current Resale Value: $64.49. Only ¢6 less than The Feynman Lecture Series of three volumes. That ought to explain how the world works, in case you didn’t know.