I Wrote a WordPress Plugin

A while back I took Amy’s code for creating popup images and turned it into a little WordPress plugin. I’ve been cleaning up the code and making a more robust UI, and now I have released the Simple Popup Images plugin into the wild. Those of you with WordPress blogs and a need for popup photos and whatnot, enjoy.

1. on August 1, 2006 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

Sweet action!

2. on November 15, 2006 at 1:24 am | Permalink

Can anyone give me ideas , i might get free time in the future and want to give it for wordpress …
    any idea ?
    i want idea from simple thing to mid … 1-2 hours –> 8-10 hours .
    post your ideas…

3. on February 4, 2007 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

Hi!

This plugin is hands down my favorite plug in for wordpress.

Unfortunately, when I updated to wordpress 2.1, it stopped working.

You can still click on the thumbnail, it will still open a new window the appropriate size, but it can’t find the picture (even though the pic is still on the server and you can access it).

You can see what I mean here:

Also, it looks like there’s no longer a popup image button when writing a post.

Is there any chance for an update?

Thanks!

-Stewie

4. on February 4, 2007 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

I’m planning on updating the plugin for WP 2.1, but I haven’t installed WP 2.1 yet. The missing popup image button is a known bug that I need to fix for 2.1. It looks like your first error is happening because the popup.php script has moved somewhere else. Looking at the HTML source for http://www.alienredrum.com/blog/?p=345, I see that the script should be at http://www.alienredrum.com/blog/popup.php but if I try opening that page by itself I get a “page not found” error. Is your popup.php script really in that location, and if so, is its permissions set to be world-readable?

5. Ken
    on May 25, 2009 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Hi Stephen,
    I’m trying out your simple popup plugin… Works nicely! Great work!

I was wondering though… Is it easily possible to change its action from clicking on the thumbnail and popping up to popping up when hovering over the thumbnail? Would it be as simple as changing instances of “onclick” in the php file to “onhover”?

Thanks again for a great plugin!

6. on May 26, 2009 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

I *think* that should work, but I haven’t tried it out. If you try it and it works, please let me know!