Joy’s Very Early Birthday Present

I saw these very cool little notebooks in Hobby Lobby a month or so ago and was just itching to get one and cover it with my usual junkola. But I really didn’t have a use for them, so I stratigically waited until I had a 40% off coupon to buy the stuff. I’ve had it mostly finished for about two weeks now but I still didn’t know what I was going to do with it. After talking to my sister-in-law, Joy, this afternoon, I have put the finishing touches on it and I am sending it to her for her birthday.

So Happy Birthday, Joy! Here’s a sneak peek of your gift that will come with Sam’s birthday present (after I finish making it too!).

front-cover.jpg
The front cover with my favorite quote.

inside-front-cover.jpg
Inside Front Cover

inside-back-cover.jpg
Inside Back Cover

back-cover.jpg
Back Cover

spine.jpg
Spine

If you have anything that you’d like to be covered with my usual brand of junkola, just send it on over!

1. Joyous
    on September 15, 2006 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

That’s lovely!

I love to do this sort of stuff, but making it *useful* is so difficult; I think you’ve achieved a great blend of beauty and utility.

2. May
    on September 15, 2006 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

This notebook is so lovely. You know that you will now need to make one for your mother-in-law.

3. on September 16, 2006 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

May,

Don’t you have a really nice red leather day planner? I’ll totally trade you for one of these! 🙂

4. May
    on September 16, 2006 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

If I have a red leather day planner, I don’t know where it is. Do you remember me having one? I know I am gettin old, but I don’t remember this.

5. on September 16, 2006 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

Um, maybe I’m remembering my other mother-in-law? oh well…

6. May
    on September 17, 2006 at 11:17 am | Permalink

And just what other mother-in-law is that?
    I will be looking to see if I have one and just don’t remember. It may be like the medical records I kept on my sons and can’t find since I re-organized everything to accomodate what I got from Montgomery.